In our ultimate Bitcoin Casino Australia guide, we’ll answer all questions bothering potential crypto casino players. You will find the list of the best Bitcoin casinos, including a few gambling sites with no deposit bonus & free spins for registration.
- How to find the best Bitcoin casino and cryptocurrency gambling sites for Australians?
- Are crypto casinos in Australia safe and legal?
- What are Pros and Cons of BTC casinos?
We’ll also show you some of the best crypto casinos in Australia and describe our selection process in detail.
Without further ado, read our guide and pick the BTC gambling site that meets your needs.
Find the Best Bitcoin Casino in Australia
Online Gambling in AU: Facts & Figures
Let’s take a look at some of the facts, stats, and figures regarding online gambling (and gambling in general) in Australia.
|Gambling winnings are not subject to tax in Australia.|
|Most online gambling options were made illegal with the Interactive Gambling Act (2001), but many online casinos operate in the grey area.|
|In 2018, the recorded government revenue from gambling in Australia was $6.2 billion.|
|In 2017–18, the average spending per person on casino gaming was $1,017.|
|Total gambling expenditure in 2017–18 was $24.887 billion.|
Note: The latest available reliable statistical information is from 2018. Hopefully, the Australian regulator will publish more recent data soon.
- Find the Best Bitcoin Casino in Australia
- Online Gambling in AU: Facts & Figures
- How We Rate & Review Bitcoin Casinos
- Our Guide is Based on 6 Criteria
- Top Bitcoin Casinos with No Deposit Bonus & Free Spins
- How to Make a Cryptocurrency Deposit?
- How do I Withdraw Money from a Bitcoin Online Casino?
- What Games Can You Play at Bitcoin Casinos?
- Pros and Cons of Bitcoin Casinos
- How Bitcoin Gambling Works: Tips for Australians
- Conclusion: Play at Trusted Online AU Bitcoin Casinos in 2021
How We Rate & Review Bitcoin Casinos
Selecting the best BTC casino for Australians was not an easy job. Our team of experts made a detailed test, which was used to assess all available online gambling platforms that offer their services to Aussie players.
After rating every aspect of these Bitcoin casinos, we graded and sorted them based on their performance. All platforms that failed to meet our strict criteria were excluded from the final list. Therefore, you’ll find only the best online Bitcoin casinos for Australian players on this page. Take a look at the section below to learn additional details about the selection process.
Our Guide is Based on 6 Criteria
So, what matters the most when selecting the best crypto casino platforms for AU players?
Here are the 6 main criteria that we take into account, along with a short description of each.
- Provably fair gameplay
In traditional online casinos, players often don’t know whether the offered games are fair and trustworthy. That’s not the case with cryptocurrency casinos, as many games are provably fair.
- Game selection and quality
We closely analyze the quality, quantity, and variety of games in all Bitcoin casinos in Australia that we review. Every casino needs to feature top titles from leading providers. Moreover, all platforms need to offer popular game variations, such as pokies, table games, card games, and more.
- Bonus variety and value
We ensure that the BTC casino sites on our list provide enticing bonuses for both new and regular customers by checking every offer’s T&C section and learning more about wagering requirements, expiration time, and more.
- Mobile-friendliness and compatibility
We test every site on mobile devices, including Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, and rank them according to their compatibility.
- Variety of deposit methods
Apart from Bitcoin, we check that all casinos have at least a couple of additional payment options, available in Australia. Some of them accept other cryptocurrencies like Ripple, DOGE, Ethereum, USDT, while others even offer up to 20 of fiat payment methods.
- Customer support
Finally, we test how quick and helpful customer support is.
Are Bitcoin Casinos Safe and Honest?
Safety, honesty, and trustworthiness are the three things that every player needs to pay attention to when choosing an online casino. For most gambling sites, this is determined by checking whether the platform is licensed by an official regulatory body. There are a couple of international regulators that license many online casinos, including sites that accept cryptocurrencies. Moreover, several independent auditors often check casinos for fairness, but that’s unnecessary if the games are provably fair.
As stated above, these games can be examined by anyone. Not everyone will be able to see what’s going on, though, as you’ll need some coding skills to understand the underlying algorithm that determines the fairness levels. Still, such transparency is great, as it allows you to rest assured knowing the games are not rigged in any way.
How Diverse Are the Games and Providers?
There are dozens of providers developing online casino games, including pokies, blackjack, baccarat, roulette, craps, and even live dealer games. However, some of them are better than others, and we made sure to feature only those Bitcoin casinos that offer titles coming from industry-leading providers.
Should You Claim a Welcome Bonus?
Every online casino offers a gift in the shape of a bonus to new players. This is the casino’s way of helping you kickstart your online gambling journey with more money or free spins. Of course, welcome bonuses are there to attract new players to the platform as well — they are a powerful tool that benefits both the casino and the player.
Mind you, though — not all welcome bonuses are good for you. Many incentives feature unfair terms and conditions, such as high wagering requirements or unrealistic expiration periods. The good news is that we checked allthe T&C sections and made sure that the bonuses we recommend are both lucrative and truly valuable, meaning you can actually expect a better experience when you claim the bonus.
Is a Bitcoin Casino Optimized for Smartphones and Tablets?
The entire online gambling industry is shifting to mobile devices. Therefore, many Bitcoin casino sites have made sure to optimize their platforms for those players who want to use smartphones and tablets. In fact, almost all online Bitcoin casino sites can be loaded on small screens. Still, some providers did a better job than others.
In most cases, you can access the Bitcoin casino of your choice using your mobile browser. Nevertheless, some casinos feature a native app for Android or iOS devices (sometimes even both). We tested all mobile versions of sites, as well as their dedicated apps. Afterwards, we ranked the casinos based on their performance on the go, leaving only those platforms that performed well on all devices and that are compatible with many phones and tablets.
Is Customer Support Service Helpful and Fast?
Customer support might not seem like an essential part of online casinos, but it is. After all great support makes a huge difference. Just knowing that you can rely on the team of agents for everything you need regarding the Bitcoin casino of your choice is fantastic. That’s why our team devoted some time to testing customer support of every Bitcoin casino review.
This process included contacting the agents via available methods (ideally all three — phone, live chat, and email) and measuring how long it takes for them to respond. We also ranked the overall usefulness of the service, as some support agents are simply more helpful than others.
Finally, we reviewed various Help pages and FAQ sections in Bitcoin casinos and ranked their helpfulness as well. That way, you’ll know what to expect from the customer support team.
Top Bitcoin Casinos with No Deposit Bonus & Free Spins
Welcome Bonus: Bonus up to $2.000 + 180 free spins
BitStarz gives you a no-deposit bonus of 20 free spins as soon as you create a new gaming account. You don’t have to make any deposit or enter any bonus code to claim this bonus.
Welcome Bonus: 100% up to AU$500 or 1.5 BTC + 100 free spins!
How to Make a Cryptocurrency Deposit?
This process might differ, depending on whether you already own cryptocurrencies or not. Let’s start from the very beginning.
- Get a cryptocurrency wallet — Download a mobile app or install a PC wallet where you’ll store your cryptocurrencies. Make sure that the wallet of your choice supports Bitcoin (or whichever cryptocurrency you want to deposit). We’ll describe this process in detail later.
- Obtain cryptocurrencies — Use a cryptocurrency exchange to buy crypto and load it into your wallet.
- Select an Australian crypto casino from this site — Pick the platform you like the most.
- Open an account — This step might not be necessary for a minority of cryptocurrency casinos. Still, all the licensed and regulated platforms require you to register. In most cases, you’ll have to provide your email, username, and password.
- Go to the Cashier page — Select one of the accepted cryptocurrencies that you want to use.
- (Optional) Opt in for the welcome bonus — You might have to use a bonus code if the bonus system in the casino of your choice is based on them.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit — Pay attention to the minimum and maximum limits.
- Scan the QR code — Once you enter the amount, most casinos will show you a QR code that you can scan with your wallet to conduct the transaction. Alternatively, you can copy the wallet address displayed by the casino and deposit your cryptocurrencies manually.
- Have fun!
How do I Withdraw Money from a Bitcoin Online Casino?
Cashing out your winnings from Bitcoin casinos is much more straightforward compared to the deposit process.
Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Log in to the online casino of your choice.
- Go to the Cashier section and choose the withdrawal option.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw from the casino.
- Enter your wallet address.
- Confirm your withdrawal.
After that, you might have to wait for the operator to approve your withdrawal request. In some cases, that might take up to a couple of business days.
How to Open a Bitcoin Wallet for Crypto Gambling?
There are all kinds of wallets out there, and you need to pick the one that suits you the most.
Here’s how wallets are divided:
- Cloud wallets — These are part of a cloud, and your money is stored online. They are the most convenient but the least safe option of all.
- Mobile and desktop wallets — These hot (online) wallets come in the shape of an app that needs to be downloaded onto your desktop or mobile device and installed. These usually offer more security than cloud wallets.
- Hardware wallets — These are devices where you can store your cryptocurrencies. They are the most expensive since they have to be bought, but they are also the most secure option.
- Paper wallets — You can always generate your addresses and QR code and print them on a piece of paper. Still, this is widely regarded as an unsafe method, as paper can easily be destroyed.
Mobile and desktop wallets are the best option for crypto gambling. They are much easier to use than hardware wallets, and they still offer better security than cloud wallets.
Once you install the wallet, you’ll receive two keys — private and public. A private key is your password that you need to keep to yourself and never share with anyone. A public key is like your email for cryptocurrencies — you need to use it to send and receive money from your wallet.
How Do You Convert Bitcoin to Australian Dollars?
Once you decide to withdraw your BTC from an online casino and convert them into AUD, follow the guide below:
- Find the suitable exchange — You’ll need to use a cryptocurrency exchange that supports the Australian dollar as one of the fiat currencies.
- Open an account in the exchange — Fill in all the necessary information to become a registered member of the exchange.
- Deposit BTC — You’ll have to deposit Bitcoin from the wallet into your exchange account.
- Make the exchange — This step differs depending on the exchange of your choice. You’ll have to navigate through the interface and select the option to sell your BTC and buy AUD.
What Games Can You Play at Bitcoin Casinos?
When it comes to available games, online casinos that accept cryptocurrencies aren’t that different from standard online operators. Most of them offer all the popular options that Australian gamblers enjoy, such as pokies, table games, card games, and more.
Let’s take a look at some categories and see how you can play them in crypto casinos in Australia.
Pokies are so popular in Australia that they even have a name of their own (they’re called slots in the rest of the English-speaking world). Each Bitcoin casino features dozens — or even hundreds — of pokies, and we made sure all of them had been developed by world-leading providers.
Most Bitcoin casinos in Australia offer the three most popular roulette options: American, European, and French. Some even feature less popular variations, both as RNG and as live games.
Blackjack is the most popular card game among casino players, and you’ll find various options available in Bitcoin casinos. Apart from many RNG blackjack titles, you’ll get to choose among plenty of live dealer blackjack options on some platforms.
Baccarat is also very big in the world of online casinos, and almost every online platform features at least a couple of options.
Poker comes in all shapes and sizes in online casinos. Video poker is very popular, and many Australian Bitcoin casinos feature other favorite options, such as Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, Joker Poker, and others. Moreover, you’ll find plenty of poker games that are played against the dealer, including Casino Hold’em, Three Card Poker, Caribbean Stud, and more.
Live casino games are very popular in online casinos, as they are played with real dealers who are streamed in real-time to your device. Some of the most popular live casino games are live roulette, live blackjack, live baccarat, and many different live game shows.
Other card games
You’ll find plenty of less popular card games in Australian casinos, so feel free to explore them.
Pros and Cons of Bitcoin Casinos
Here are the main advantages and disadvantages of playing games in Bitcoin casinos.
- Decentralization — Most cryptocurrencies are decentralized, which means there are no central entities running operations. The same goes for some Bitcoin casinos, which is why we believe they can offer additional security.
- Transaction fees — It’s much cheaper to deposit and withdraw funds using Bitcoin and other cryptos, as there are no intermediaries taking their cut (which is often huge for fiat payment methods)
- Verification — You don’t have to go through long and tiresome KYC processes to play games.
- Worldwide acceptance — Bitcoin casinos are usually available around the globe, much like all cryptocurrencies.
- Anonymity — You don’t have to leave any sensitive data while gambling with Bitcoin.
- Volatility — Cryptocurrencies are highly volatile, which means their price is constantly changing. This can affect your overall gameplay experience. For example, imagine winning some BTC yet receiving less because the price had dropped during your session.
- No recourse — If there’s issue with fiat payments, you can always ask for recourse from the responsible payment institution or the casinos themselves. That’s not possible with cryptocurrencies.
- No reversals — When you make a deposit with fiat money, you can always ask for a reversal if you want your money back. That’s also not an option for cryptocurrency transactions.
How Bitcoin Gambling Works: Tips for Australians
Here are some tips, tricks, and useful pieces of information that might come in handy when obtaining Bitcoin in Australia and gambling with it.
Bitcoin is entirely legal in AU
First of all, you don’t have to worry about the legal aspect of Bitcoin since Australia has legalized BTC ownership and use in the country. Still, it’s always a good idea to learn more about certain regulations regarding cryptocurrency owners, as this can help you improve your experience further.
Choose your fiat method for buying Bitcoin
Obtaining Bitcoin is possible via one of the centralized cryptocurrency exchanges available in the land down under. The majority of them will let you select a couple of fiat methods that you can use to buy BTC. The most popular options among Aussies are credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal. We advise you to consider each method’s advantages and disadvantages before obtaining your first BTC.
Each crypto exchange is unique
There are all kinds of cryptocurrency exchanges out there, and some of them are more difficult to use than others. If you’re new to the world of cryptos, it’s very important to follow the instructions on how to exchange your AUD to BTC. If you’re not sure how to do it, feel free to watch video tutorials, as YouTube offers plenty of useful content for newcomers to the crypto industry.
Be prepared for the age of cryptocurrency
Like it or not, the age of cryptocurrency has already begun, and many online casinos will introduce Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptos as default deposit and withdrawal methods. That’s why Australian players need to prepare themselves by obtaining cryptocurrencies and learning how to use them in online casinos.
- New Australian laws to regulate cryptocurrency providers: https://www.austrac.gov.au/new-australian-laws-regulate-cryptocurrency-providers
- What legal protection do Australians have investing in cryptocurrencies: https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/investing/what-legal-protection-do-australians-have-investing-in-cryptocurrencies/news-story/23f33dfcf43151b1d7dec0fde4e77d7e
What are the best Bitcoin casinos in Australia?
There are plenty of Bitcoin casinos that offer their services to Aussie players, but the most popular are Bitstarz, 7Bit Casino, and Casino4u.
Are Bitcoin casinos anonymous?
Yes, many crypto casinos won’t require you to leave any personal information on the site.
What does “provably fair” mean for BTC casinos?
It means anyone can check the background code, thus making sure the games are fair.
Is Bitcoin gambling legal in AU?
Technically speaking, Bitcoin gambling hasn’t been legalized in Australia, but Aussie gamblers are still free to join offshore Bitcoin casinos and play games.
Can I store my BTC on a physical device?
Yes, there are various hardware wallets where you can store your Bitcoin securely. However, please take into account that these devices cost $100 on average.
Do I need to provide personal information when using Bitcoin at online casinos?
It depends. Some online casinos ask you to go through the KYC process and provide basic information, while others don’t require anything.
Are other payment methods supported by Bitcoin casinos in AU?
In most cases, Bitcoin casinos support several other cryptocurrencies, such as Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Tether, Ripple, Dogecoin and others. Moreover, some crypto casinos even accept fiat payment methods, including cards, e-wallets, and more.
Is it easy to get a no deposit bonus at a Bitcoin casino?
Yes, it is. All you need to do is open an account. But there are only a few BTC casinos with no deposit bonus & free spins for registration: Bitstarz, Fortunejack and 7Bitcasino.
Is Bitcoin gambling safe?
It’s actually much safer compared to fiat gambling. After all, cryptos are much more secure than other payment methods. Still, you should avoid suspicious online Bitcoin casinos if possible by sticking to the options provided in this guide.
How fast are the transactions with Bitcoin?
Bitcoin transactions can take up anywhere from a second to half an hour, depending on the network size and trading volume at the moment of your transaction.
How much is 1 Bitcoin worth when playing in online casinos?
1 BTC is always worth its current value, no matter where you play. To see how much BTC is worth in AUD, make sure to use a reputable cryptocurrency exchange.
How to acquire Bitcoin?
To become a BTC owner, you need to have a Bitcoin wallet and buy “digital gold” in one of the available cryptocurrency exchanges.
How to pay taxes on winnings at BTC casinos in Australia?
Gambling winnings are not subject to tax in Australia. However, some laws require Australian crypto owners to pay taxes, so make sure to educate yourself further if necessary.
What is the age limit for online gambling in Australia?
Aussie players need to be 18 or above to gamble legally.
Conclusion: Play at Trusted Online AU Bitcoin Casinos in 2021
Gambling with Bitcoin is fun, easy, and secure. However, not all Bitcoin casinos are good for you, so we’ve decided to do an in-depth analysis of all online casinos available to Aussie players and select the best ones for you. What all of them have in common is that they accept Bitcoin. Some of them also accept other cryptocurrencies and even allow fiat deposit and withdrawal methods.
Therefore, feel free to go through our list and pick the online gambling site that suits your needs. If you’re not sure how to choose, we suggest reading our reviews to find out more about every platform, as we’ve already reviewed each site’s bonuses, games, security, payment options, customer support, and more.