AUcasinoonline.com is an independent online casino review & comparison website. Our goal is to provide Australian players with trustworthy information regarding gambling sites which accept players from Australia.
Our belief in open access to information means that we can’t stop players from making their own choices, therefore we keep links to casino sites active. But external links from our site to other sites should be considered as for information purpose only. If you are an Australian resident, you shouldn’t play for real money at online gambling sites.
All information provided here is for adults only (18+).
How we Evaluate and Rank Online Casinos
We utilize an 18-point evaluation system. Each of the 18 points can be scored from 0 to 10, with the highest score being the best. This means that a perfect score would be 180 points. The 18 points that we use for scoring are:
- Length of Time in Business – The longer that an online casino has been operating, the better the chances that they have been a successful venture. This is important to our evaluation for two reasons. First, a successful online casino has been paying out player’s winnings. They have had the time to put processes in place to make the withdrawal process an easy one. Secondly, any successful business knows the importance of keeping their clientele happy, because that is an important part of getting their clients to return to their casino. This means that as a player at a successful online casino, you can expect to be treated very well. The longer that you do something, the better you become at doing it. We consider the length of time in business to be a very positive indicator.
- Licensing – There are a number of Gaming Commissions around the world. Online Casinos that are licensed with one or more of these Gaming Commissions have invested time and money going through the application process. It also means that they have demonstrated to the Commission that they are properly funded, have an organizational team that has shown the ability to handle this kind of operation, and that they are serious about doing business responsibility. Also, these Gaming Commissions have regulations that their licensees have to follow, and they audit them from time to time in order to make certain that their regulations are being complied with. Another benefit of playing at a licensed casino is that, in the event of a dispute you might have with the casino, it can be brought to the Gaming Commission where the Casino is licensed. When you register a complaint, you can rest assured that the Gaming Commission will investigate the matter and respond to you with a resolution.
- Security and Fairness – Security, Reliability, and Fairness are directly related to the status of an online Casino’s Gaming license. The Gaming Commissions can suspend or even revoke a license, and they will if they find a reason to warrant action of that nature.
- Deposit Options – Some Australia-friendly online casinos offer more options for a player to make a deposit. Bitcoin has become a popular option to supplement debit and credit cards and bank transfers.
- Withdrawal Options – When you want to withdraw some, or all of the money that you have at a Casino, the more Withdrawal Options available, the easier and faster it will be to receive the funds from that you have requested.
- Quick Payouts – When a player is making a withdrawal, the amount of time it takes for the player to receive their funds is important. Some Casinos are faster than others, and some have more options to make it easier. Most Casinos have a requirement that the player’s identity is verified prior to releasing funds. This is meant to protect Players and not just to be difficult. It is always a good idea to begin the process of providing the documentation required by the Casino, to do their identity verification, right after you register at the Casino. Doing this should make the withdrawal process less cumbersome and much easier. The bottom line is that by taking care of the identity verification in the beginning, you will get the withdrawal funds faster.
- Software Platform – There are a number of companies that develop Casino games, or develop the entire Casino Software Platform. Most of these companies have been around for a long time and have provided their services to hundreds of online Casinos. When an online Casino utilizes the services of these companies, you can expect that the Casino will be functioning properly, that the user interface will be simple to understand, and they have had the time to get any bugs out of the system.
- Win Rate – Every Casino in the world, both Online Casinos and Brick and Mortar Casinos, have a small percentage advantage in odds against players. It is the way that they make money. This is called the House Edge. Some Casinos take a higher house edge advantage than other Casinos, so we find the Win Rate to be a relevant factor in the evaluation of a Casino.
- Game Selection – Many Casinos have over a thousand games. The better the selection of games at a Casino means that you will likely find many games that you like to play. Having several games that you like at a Casino can also be a big advantage because when you are running badly at one game, you have a good choice of other games to try. We consider that the available variety in game selection is a matter of consequence and that it should reflect in our ratings.
- Casino Bonuses – Bonuses are usually a matching amount that you get when making a deposit. Almost every Casino gives out bonuses, but some Casinos have much better bonuses than other Casinos have, including no deposit bonuses and no deposit free spins. At all Casinos, these bonus funds do not have cash value until you have met their Play-Through requirements. Some Play-Through requirements are more demanding than others. So, we rate a Casino’s bonuses by considering the size of the bonuses as well as the Play-Through requirement, in order to determine how to rate the bonuses a Casino offers to their players.
- Free Spins – Free Spins are given by some Casinos either when the player registers and makes a first deposit, or on an ongoing basis, usually as part of a Loyalty Program. We evaluate the Free Spin offers that online Casinos make to their prospective players and determine which offers have the most value to the player.
- Promotions – Promotions are pretty much the same as Bonuses. Promotions are usually offered to existing Casino players in a number of different ways. Sometimes these promotions are points that a player earns when they gamble which can be converted to cash or free tournament entries. Quite a few Casinos offer a cash back program in the event of a Player’s losses. The terms and conditions of all these Promotions are listed on the Casino’s website and we recommend that you familiarize yourself with them. Promotions are a significant benefit to Players, and we find them to be an important consideration.
- Loyalty Programs – A Loyalty Program is a benefit that a player receives from the Casino where he plays on a regular basis. Usually the more a player gambles at a Casino, the better the Loyalty Program benefits become. There can be a very big difference in Loyalty Programs Casinos offer to their players. Since Loyalty Programs can have a significant impact on your bottom line, it is an indicator to be considered.
- Currencies Accepted – The more currencies that a Casino accepts, the more likely it is that your home currency will be accepted by the Casino. This will avoid the costs and inconvenience that result from currency conversion.
- Customer Support – When a player has a question, concern, or a problem, it can be very annoying to wait for customer assistance. We evaluate the number of ways that a player can reach the Customer Support department and review their track record of response times.
- Mobile Gaming – Mobile Gaming is when you can play Casino games using a cell phone or a tablet. During the day, many of us find ourselves waiting around. The ability for mobile gaming is a valuable benefit.
- Tournaments – Many Casinos give away some free tournament entry tickets as a part of their Loyalty Program. Some players enjoy playing in tournaments, so the more tournaments that a Casino offers, the happier Players will be.
- Live Games – Live casino games are usually a table game like Blackjack and Roulette. When you play these live games, you can see the dealer, and the gaming equipment, as you are playing. You can even talk with the dealer during game play.
Our Top-10 Casino Guides
- New online casinos which accept players from Australia [updated list]
- Best minimum deposit online casinos
- Top $ 1 minimum deposit casinos
- Top $ 5 minimum deposit casinos
- Which real money casinos accept players from Australia?
- Reliable Bitcoin casino sites
- New no deposit bonuses & bonus codes
- How to play online pokies
- How to play pokies for real money
- Best No Deposit Free Spins